A new study co-authored by Children’s obesity expert David Ludwig, MD, PhD, says that the majority of obese Americans will not lose a significant amount of weight unless there are serious societal changes concerning food. The article, published in JAMA, takes a look at the science involved in caloric intake versus physical activity and suggests that fundamental changes in America’s food supply and social infrastructure must take place in order to successfully take on the obesity epidemic.
Related Posts :
- Eating well and feeling good, family-style
- Health Headlines: The biology of weight loss, kangaroo care, and the link between screens and nearsightedness
- Supporting community health, one bag of produce at a time
- Back-to-school health tips: What’s in your kid’s lunchbox?
- Are nutrition labels headed for an extreme makeover?