Each year, during the month of April, National Donate Life Month draws attention to those who have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. Here are six simple ways to participate, celebrate and educate.
Become an organ donor.
- Register to be a donor at registerme.org/campaign/bch.
- Designate “organ donor” on your driver’s license.
- Visit transplantliving.org to learn more about becoming a living donor.
Spread the word.
Go blue and green.
Promote organ donation, and celebrate giving with pride and style by donning blue and green on April 13, National Blue and Green Day.
Show your support.
- Order a Donate Life license plate.
Include a pro-donation message and list Boston Children’s donor registry in your email signature.
Shop and sport merchandise from Donate Life.
Find a way to help.
- Become a Donation Ambassador.
- Volunteer at your local organ bank.
- Get involved in your local community—participate in local runs or walks.