Each year, during the month of April, National Donate Life Month draws attention to those who have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation. Here are six simple ways to participate, celebrate and educate.
Become an organ donor.
- Register to be a donor at registerme.org.
- Designate “organ donor” on your driver’s license.
- Visit transplantliving.org to learn more about becoming a living donor.
Spread the word.
Inspire others to sign up for the donor registry by sharing information through social media:
Be fashion forward.
Promote organ donation, and celebrate giving with pride and style by donning blue and green on April 21, National Blue and Green Day. Boston Children’s Hospital will start the Blue and Green Day celebrations early on April 13.
Show your support.
- Order a Donate Life license plate.
- Include a pro-donation message and list your state donor registry (or www.donatelife.net) on your email signature.
- Wear Donate Life apparel.
Find a way to help.
- Become a Donation Ambassador.
- Volunteer at your local organ bank.
- Get involved in your local community—participate in local runs or walks.
Share a milestone made possible #becauseofadonor.
Transplant recipients often celebrate two birthdays — the day they were born, and the day they received the gift of life via organ transplant. Organ donors open a world of possibility to recipients. What are you or your child able to do #becauseofadonor?